BTN- Solar system

LINK:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsF_hdjWJjo&t=310s

Blue- Summary                Pink- Facts

Purple- questions            Black- Understanding

This video was about the solar system. It mostly covered facts about the 8 planets like how many moons they have, the extreme temperatures, how big or small they are, their atmosphere and much more. It also talked about asteroids and satellites. The video was packed with information and answered many of my questions I had about our solar system.

FACTS-

• Jupiter is known for being the biggest planet in our solar system. It has a total of 67 moons and consists mostly of hydrogen and helium. Even though it is so much biger than earth it is considered tiny compared to the sun which takes up 99.86% of the mass in our solar system.
  • Neptune is one of the very cold planets and one of its years takes 164 earth years. It has 4 moons. It neighbouring planet, Uranus, is also quite cold and quite small. It has 27 moons.
  • Venus is the hottest planet and can be quite visible from earth. It has no moons. We are its neighbouring planet and we have one moon, mars is then next and it has 2 moons. I also learnt that there are 2 types of planets, terrestrial and gas giants.

QUESTIONS-

• Why do planets have different numbers of moons and why do the biggest planets have the most moons?
  • When were the facts about our solar system and its planets discovered and who discovered them?

Understanding-

• I now understand a lot more about the planets in our solar system, the differences between other planets and earth and why many people are interested in this topic.

One thought on “BTN- Solar system