Blue- Summary Pink- Facts
Purple- Questions Black- Understanding
This BTN was about how to cope in a natural disaster. They had 2 families put in a fake disaster and would see if they prepared correctly. The first family was in the scenario of a bushfire. They were off to a rough start but came to their senses and did what was expected: tape windows, fill up bath etc.
The second family was in the situation of a cyclone. Unlike family 1, they followed instructions from the start that included taping windows, making sandbags etc.
- In the 2nd family, the kids actually knew more than the parents
- The 2nd family kids stopped their parents from making a bad decision
- The first family made a huge mistake because there was a fire in the kitchen and they locked themselves in the laundry.
- Why did they tape the windows?
- How did the fire spread to the house?
- I now understand how dangerous natural disasters can be and how hard it can be to know what to do that situation.