Prompt: but I didn’t understand the instructions
It was here. The big brown parcel sat in front of me with my name in careful calligraphy. I stared at it for ages until finally, I decided to open it. I tore the wrapping apart and then I saw it, the biggest lego box in the world from my friend. She face- timed me the week after the parcel arrived and I showed her what I had done.
“What did you do,” she asked.
“Made the lego,” I responded.
“But you did it wrong,”
“I didn’t understand the instructions,” said. And that was it, she hung up on me.
Today we did a webinar. The host typed up questions and schools around Australia got to answer them in the chat. It was about privacy on technology, how to avoid scammers and who to trust and who not to. Some of the things we learnt were:
- Privacy is about controlling your personal information in the online world
- Some people try to hack and download virus’ on others devices
- Scamming messages can come from anyone at anytime
- To avoid hackers, you must avoid putting personal information on social media websites and online games where you require to share your information
- To protect your device you have to have strong passwords, don’t use your full name/ identity, have privacy settings and turn off location information (GPS).
Everyone learnt a lot and we are definitely going to take this information and use it in the real world.