Blue- Summary Pink- Facts
Purple- Questions Black- Understanding
In Hawaii on May 8th 2018, Kilauea volcano has caused Hawaiians running for their lives as the rock spews out lava. On the day it destroyed 26 homes. The cause of the eruption was a 6.9 magnitude earthquake on the south side of the volcano.
- Scientists are predicting more earthquakes and eruptions for the next month.
- Kilauea is the most active volcano out of the five on the island
- It has been erupting constantly for 35 years but this is one of the worst eruptions so far
- What is the biggest Kilauea explosion in the active 35 years?
- When is the last time Kilauea erupted apart from recently?
- I now understand that volcanoes can be a quite dangerous and can be life threatening.