This BTN was about The Ring of Fire. The Ring of Fire is an arch of countries where big earthquakes happen. In 2009 September 29-30 2 of the worlds biggest earthquakes happened in two very different, far apart countries. Scientists were trying the work out whether it was a coincidence or it was connected in some way.
- The two countries were Samoa and Sumatra and are 10 000km away from eachother
- Some other countries in the Ring of Fire are Japan, USA, Mexico and Chile.
- The biggest earthquake was the 1960 Valdivia earthquake(Spanish: Terremoto de Valdivia) or Great Chilean earthquake (Gran terremoto de Chile) of 22 May is the most powerful earthquake ever recorded.
- Why are some earthquakes much worse than others?
- How do scientists discover the reasoning behind earthquakes?
- I now understand how bad earthquakes can actually be, some of the worst ones that have happened and why they are terrible.