100wc- term 4 week 7

She spent every day in a black cloak. She prayed every night for her family in heaven. Nothing would change the day that they all died. In the woods they were, looking up to the black, night sky. She closed her eyes for a while and then turned back to reality. She peered back to her family only to find them on the ground. Wolves were howling. She ran out, she couldn’t save her family. It was 20 years ago. Every 10 years she back to visit the place of her family’s nightmares. She prayed there every 10 years for her family to come back to life. One cool summer’s night she turned to stone. To this day she is considered a landmark to all those who have also lost their family in the horrific woods.

prompt:

2 thoughts on “100wc- term 4 week 7

1. There is so much melancholy in this story Lucy. I am so pleased my life is not filled with despair like this lady’s was, and I hope yours isn’t either!
    You have used short sentences effectively to show her on-going sadness and I do appreciate the way you’ve turned her to a stone talisman rather than her having to spend her aging days still painfully returning to the forest.
    Great writing and thanks for sharing.
    Jackie (Team 100WC)
    New Plymouth, New Zealand